endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
DIRECT MATERIALS BUYER:
We design, develop and produce complex actuation systems for the global light vehicle market. As one of the most safety-related parts of the car, our systems continue to experience rapid and innovative developments. We are working with strong innovative capabilities, agile operational excellence, transparent organization and an eco-friendly attitude. Looking ahead we are determined to be a market leader in control and actuation systems for future cars.
The Direct Materials Buyer manages all necessary actions locally to achieve the best supplier quality, cost & delivery by defining and implementing the right strategy according to the company’s business needs, is in charge of dedicated spend, supply base and projects.
Specific activities include:
- Study market trends, researches and audits suppliers, and determines those who can supply raw materials on a global &/or local basis at the lowest overall cost to the company.
- Help negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Own key supplier relationships and monitor and report supplier performance.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Support resolving sourcing operational issues to ensure on-time delivery.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for materials and services.
- Achieve annual savings commitments, while balancing compliance, service levels, and relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the supply chain or equivalent field of study
- 4-5 years of experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working with JD Edwards
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
What we offer
- Work in international teams on innovative products
- Very good working climate
- Attractive compensation package
- Career development programs
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.