Our client, a manufacturer with locations including Texas and Maryland, is seeking a Director of Supply Chain and Sourcing for their Aftermarket division.Responsibilities
- Manage end-to-end procurement process including sourcing, contract negotiating, quoting, purchase order placement, order acknowledgement and management of changes. Scope includes all goods and services purchased including materials used in production, aftermarket sales and services that support business operations.
- Work with Service Support as needed
- Work with Tech Support as required
- Development of Supply Chain Project Baselines and Spend Profiles
- Responsible for supplier performance in terms of quality, cost and delivery requirements. Includes maintaining supplier scorecards and initiating improvement programs.
- Prepare Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Analysis
- Manage complete material planning process utilizing inventory data and historical aftermarket usage and forecasts, demand/supply balancing including inventory pipeline analysis, and recommended purchase requisitions for required materials.
- Ensures accurate inventory records and oversees cycle count program
- Identify and screen potential Supply Chain vendors and suppliers
- Assist in hire, directly supervise, train, discipline, and perform reviews for direct reports.
- Development of Supply Chain vendor Profiles
- Responsible for generating cost savings and supporting the efforts of the commodity management team as measured in purchase price variance and inventory levels that meet or exceed specified goals.
- Review and approve all material planning purchase requisitions and purchase orders in line with company approval matrix.
- Document key material planning and procurement processes; recommend and implement improvements.
- Oversee warehouse activities to ensure efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing raw materials.
- Oversee logistics function to ensure economical and efficient freight operations.
- Participates as a management member of operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions and achieving cross-functional objectives such as lead time reduction and raw inventory turns.
- Apply and support lean manufacturing principles
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the companys business growth and sourcing requirements.
This position can be based out of Texas or Maryland
- Experience in Aftermarket a huge plus
- Tool manufacturing would be a plus
- 5 – 7 + years of experience in Supply Chain and Logistics Strategic Sourcing, Project Management, Financial Analysis / Reporting, and Contract Management required
- Strong people management and organizational skills
- Strong management, communications and computer skills
- Experience with Information systems and asset management
- Proficient with MS Office, Windows, and ERP systems
For consideration submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online