Position Title: Dietitian
Location: Health Promotion Office located at the Nellis Air Force Base Fitness Center
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Administers comprehensive nutrition prevention programs, nutrition assessment, prescriptions, coaching/counseling, and various other health and nutrition programs/activities that meet the needs of the installation community at large.
- Coordinates with H2H & HP staff to deliver programs in a variety of community settings to include the MTF, community facilities, and individual unit
- Executes nutrition policy and program requirements IAW instruction and guidance established by F/SG. Uses a wide range of principles, practices and procedures of the science of dietetics and behavior change theories required to plan, implement and evaluate H2H and HP nutrition programs.
- In partnership with H2H staff, assesses nutrition behaviors, environment and needs of the beneficiary population using available and applicable tools; determine/prioritize appropriate installation nutrition priorities IAW AF HP healthy weight and nutrition goals.
- Employs evidenced-based nutrition methods and behavior change theories in conjunction with the H2H and HP staff to develop, coordinate, implement, market and evaluate comprehensive primary, secondary and tertiary nutrition programs and services, as well as other related health and wellness programs, aimed at nutrition improvement, total force readiness and disease prevention/intervention for the beneficiary population.
- Regularly researches, develops/acquires, and maintains materials to implement comprehensive evidence-based nutrition programs and services to meet population health priorities and beneficiary needs.
- Provides Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for clients from the MTF and as mission allows develops nutrition components of chronic disease management protocols.
- Employs adult learning, behavior change theories (e.g. Motivational Interviewing, coaching, counseling), and teaching techniques to conduct a variety of individual and group nutrition and lifestyle interventions. Maintains data quality management (e.g. coding, MEPRS) and reporting requirements in program execution IAW AF instruction and guidance, the Joint Commission and Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
- Documents nutrition education and/or medical nutrition therapy IAW AND Nutrition Care Process, AND Nutrition Care Manual and other applicable standards in the electronic health record.
- Provides expertise to develop, implement, and evaluate nutrition programs for all populations. Communicates and coordinates nutrition health promotion programs among local leadership and targets beneficiary populations.
- Employs appropriate social marketing tools to meet program goals and objectives.
- Participates in teleconferences, updates, working groups, review panels, symposiums related to nutrition education/MNT programming, management or operations.
- Delivers briefings, educational sessions, seminars, and worksite wellness programs as needed.
- Maintains positive relationships with both internal and external MHS customers.
- Works closely with the interdisciplinary team to identify target populations.
- Degree/Education: Successfully graduated from a baccalaureate or graduate degree from an accredited college or university in a didactic program for dietetics approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Dietetic Association (AND).
- Certifications: Basic Life Support
- Experience: Possesses no less than three (3) years of experience in the last 5 years in health promotion, obesity & weight management and lifestyle counseling, including knowledge of the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes studies and the National Diabetes Prevention Program. Must have experience coordinating and facilitating group health education classes and activities, organizing and implementing outreach events, and working with both youth and adult populations.
- Licensure/Registration: Current registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Shall have and maintain an active, valid, unrestricted, current license if required. Must be successfully granted provider privileges by the performance location Credentialing Committee and commander and maintain privileges.
- Computer Skill Competency: Must have good verbal and written communication, ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals, and use of technology to present and convey the information effectively. Must have direct hands-on experience in the last 3 years with computer operations, basic word processing, data entry, and use/maintenance of automated electronic medical records is required. Maintains data quality management (e.g. coding, MEPRS) and reporting requirements in IAW AF instruction and guidance, the Joint Commission and Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, AND Nutrition Care Manual and other applicable standards in the electronic health record. Employs appropriate social marketing tools to meet program goals and objectives.
Work Hours: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
Click here to apply online