Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic
- Diagnose and repair operational difficulties with heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment.
- Maintain and repair heavy diesel, CNG, gas and electrically operated equipment and vehicles.
- Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties as required daily.
- Plan and schedule repairs in M5 planner and procure all parts for successful plan.
- Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and coordinate repair schedule.
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety regulations.
- Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Possess, provide and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Assist in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and keep up with the latest technology through the use of technical manuals and attendance of technical training seminars and testing.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical diploma desired.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a diesel mechanic
- Experience using diagnostic software a plus
- Must be computer literate, have the ability to be trained on software systems and the willingness to learn.
- Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Click here to apply online
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Demonstrate ability to follow detailed instructions, work independently and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to understand and effectively use repair and parts manuals written in English.
- Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.