- 13-week assignment – could be longer
- Community hospital in the East Valley
Provides direct patient care within the dialysis clinic by performing preliminary patient evaluations, preparing dialysis equipment, initiating and terminating treatment procedures, and administering medication as directed. Identifies and reports unusual findings, patient symptoms, or adverse treatment reactions to appropriate health care personnel as needed. Performs basic inventory and maintenance responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective operations of the clinical facility.
- Performs vital signs, weight, general condition, and documents any specific problems the patient may have.
- Prepares dialyzer and delivery system for patient use as prescribed. Initiates and terminates hemodialysis treatment and administers medication as directed.
- Monitors and inspects equipment to ensure proper functionality and notifies appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Consults with Registered Nurse regarding patient care and executes the appropriate care plan as directed.
- Identifies and reports unusual findings or observations, patient symptoms, behaviors, or treatment reactions to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Gathers and secures lab work and test results.
- Maintains current and accurate records of medication and treatments provided to patients in order to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Assists patients to and from dialysis stations and escorts them to and from other clinical areas for procedures.
- Educates patients regarding care options and availability.
- Conducts basic inventory checks and re-orders standard items in order to ensure consistent availability of supplies for clinical operations.
- Assists in routine maintenance tasks to ensure the effective operations of the unit.
- Performs other job-related activities as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current and valid certification as a Dialysis Patient Care Technician.
- 1 year of experience in a Dialysis center preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to relate to diverse cultures.
To learn more, please contact Ren'e at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890