Development Services Technician
Development Services Technician - $19.20/hour
Maricopa County is looking for a Development Services Technician to support the regional offices by providing customer service to the inspectors, developers, contractors, engineers, and others at the counter, by email, mail and over the telephone. This position is in-office in downtown Phoenix.
- Provides intake for all Environmental Health, Pool, Water/Waste applications and plans.
- Assigns permit numbers and routing sheets. Updates and maintains data in the department's electronic information system; enters permit applications, assigned numbers, amount of funds collected, and other relevant data; ensures accuracy and completeness; and researches and/or retrieves data from the EMS and future Accela system files.
- Researches permits applications, makes administrative application changes in the database, updates contact information, scans and attaches documents, routes complaints, and notifies appropriate staff of any ownership changes made on payment of application.
- Ensures all applications and plan reviews are routed to the appropriate divisions/programs for review and approval.
- Answers questions from the public about specific program areas and processes, prints and faxes applications as requested, and researches payment inquiries/questions from the public or staff
- Manages inquiries from internal and external customers by researching and providing general permit and inspection information.
- Routes inquiries to the appropriate subject matter experts when necessary.
- Collects fees and checks identification cards; reconciles and deposits monies on a daily basis.
- Prints and organizes information for pending legal action requests.
- Operates a personal computer, telephones, copiers and other general office equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other system software.
- Prepares printed and electronic records for Records Management Specialist, including collecting, scanning, uploading, and verifying Inspection Rights logs per Department policy.
- Organize and maintain hard fi les. Monitors supplies and provides purchasing support for the regional office.
- Reconciles monthly financial reports.
- Monitors vehicle maintenance schedules and assists with scheduling preventative maintenance.
- Provides assistance with building maintenance requests.
- Two (2) years' administrative customer support experience in a call center, application intake, regulatory, building trades or permitting environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a governmental permitting environment and using automated permit tracking systems. Experience in permitting and construction or building trades code requirements.
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org