BCTG’s direct client is looking to hire a Development Manager. The right candidate will work primarily with IT Application Developers to design, develop, implement, support, and maintain extensions and enhancements to our enterprise business applications. Responsible for the successful implementation of technology solutions in all modules of current Core ERP System using the current SDLC, Change Control, and testing methodologies. Serve as a project manager to schedule and delegate tasks required to successfully complete the company's initiatives. Work with other department heads to establish project milestones and complete projects/requests effectively and within the budget. Must know Oracle EBS R12 or later, Oracle PL/SQL, Project, Source Control Knowledge, and Agile Development Methodologies. Must have 10 years in Business Application Management and 5 years project management experience. MUST be US or GC. Client is not sponsoring. Must be local to El Paso, TX as this role will be onsite after Covid.
- Manage the handling and assigning of development tasks within our team (In-House and offshore resources)
- work with project managers and functional business analysts to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- use request/incident ticket system to create and assign tasks to development resources
- timely completion of all development tasks
- successful project contribution by ensuring deadlines are met and kept within budget
- Attend regular meetings with all departments to ensure open communication and expectations throughout a project
- actively participate in meetings to gather business specifications and expectations on development tasks.
- Provide Project Tasks Updates, Concerns, and risks
- Active participation with Project managers and functional business analysts
- Guide, coach, and mentor software development engineers.
- Act as the Go-to Person for direct reports and manage external resources when an issue and/or technical questions arise
- risks, issues, and technical questions are addressed in a timely and professional manner by being resourceful and creative
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of all development tasks
- use knowledge, technical understanding, and experience to advise on the best, fastest and within budget technical architecture to meet the end user requirements and functional specifications
- consistency on projects/user requests exceeding specifications and user expectations using sustainable and scalable technical software and systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex production issues on timely basis.
- Be agile and flexible to adjust priority and resources to provide support on production issues with focus on uptime, data integrity and root cause analysis
- track record of consistent production support and uptime
- BUSINESS THINKING
- PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
- FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- LEARNING AGILITY
- TEAM PLAYER
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
- TEAM MANAGEMENT
- TALENT DEVELOPMENT
- ORGANIZING AND PLANNING
EDUCATION & INDUSTRY EXPOSURE:
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE FROM AN ACCREDITED FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY IN RELATED PROFESSION/FIELD.
- 10+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- 5+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE MANAGING TEAMS
- ORACLE E-BUSINESS SUITE 12.1.3 OR HIGHER
- ADVANCE SQ/PLSQL CONCEPTS
- MINIMUM OF 15 YEARS WORKING WITH RELATIONAL DB’S USING SQL/PLSQL SKILLS
- KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE WITH CHANGE MANAGEMENT AND CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT
- KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE WITH AGILE DEVELOPMENT METHODOLOGIES
- ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK AND THRIVE IN A FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT.
- DEADLINE DRIVEN
- ABLE TO WORK EFFECTIVELY AS AN INDIVIDUAL AND AS PART OF A PROJECT TEAM.
- STRONG WRITTEN AND ORACLE COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS.
- MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES ON A FULL-TIME BASIS.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FROM HOME OR OFF SITE AS NEEDED