Development Engineering Technician
Magellan Aerospace, Haley
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting new opportunity for a Development Engineering Technician. The successful incumbent will design gating systems to achieve metallurgical acceptable castings to customer requirement.
- Design gating system to achieve metallurgical acceptable castings to customer requirements.
- Perform Solidification Modeling and Analysis using MAGMA software.
- Provide technical support to customers on the design of new casting design for producability.
- Liaise with customers and tooling suppliers.
- Provide technical support on tooling design to tooling suppliers on gating design/tooling and ensure compliance with Haley requirements.
- Ensure that new tooling produces castings that are dimensionally acceptable to customer requirements
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing Quality Technicians on metallurgical and tooling issues.
- Expedite development samples and development casting requirements to customer schedule.
- Travel to customers and suppliers as required
- Provide technical support to Layout Department.
- Post-Secondary Education in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering from a recognized university or college.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience with Solid Works, AutoCAD, and metal solidification simulation software (MAGMA).
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and other common desktop applications
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (Fully Company Paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)