Tribal Development Director
Our client is looking for a Development Director responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating economic development programs for the tribe, while also preparing reports and presentations concerning economic development activities. This includes but is not limited to, researching funding opportunities, grant writing/coordination while adhering to the goals and objectives of the tribes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in comprehensive planning process involving recommendations and strategies for improvements to utilities, and related resources including schools, work force training and apprenticeships, transportation, water and sewer, and parks and recreation.
- Attends conferences, seminars, workshops, classes, lectures, etc., as appropriate, to enhance and maintain knowledge of trends and developments in the field of economic development; attends professional, civic, and social gatherings, as appropriate to represent and promote interests of the Tribes.
- Creates and implements programs to retain, expand, attract, and grow compatible businesses and industries both independently and in teaming efforts with other county, regional and state departments, divisions, agencies, utilities, and transportation services.
- Write grant applications with information gained thru strong working relationships with Department Directors and strong understanding of goals and objectives of the departments.
- Manage internal and external marketing of the tribes while developing and maintaining key relationships with business leaders.
- Serves as central record keeper of all contracts, grants, reports, modification requests, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Nonprofit Management
- At least five years of direct economic development experiences.
- Successful track record in lead generation, proposal development and project management.
- Must have demonstrable ability to work with people from diverse cultures including cultural sensitivity and the ability to work within the customs and traditions of various tribal groups.
- Ability to travel and work irregular hours as necessary.
To learn more, please contact Nick at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890.