The Lead DevOps Engineering role will work with the other functional product software development, systems engineering, and operations teams in the company to evolve and manage DevOps Engineering and practices in our hybrid cloud ecosystem. The candidate will also lead the team that manages the DevOps toolchain and the integrations in our hybrid cloud ecosystem and other platform services to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment capabilities. This individual is expected to be able to manage and execute software and system development lifecycle activities, build operational procedures, and communicate to all technical and business stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop CI/CD orchestration systems to reduce friction for software delivery to production.
- Develop tools, frameworks, and instrumentation to validate and increase rollout success for applications.
- Build monitoring capabilities across all channels that alert before a customer escalates.
- Build configuration management standards preventing mismatched values.
- Migrate distributed platforms to cloud architecture.
- Provide real-time troubleshooting of application workflows and incorporate feedback to development.
SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ yrs. of experience or equivalent skills with DevOps or CICD pipelines (Jenkins, Concourse, etc.)
- 3+ yrs. of Linux systems administration experience or equivalent skills
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, Postgres, NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of IP networking technologies and concepts including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Source control with Git, and code hosts such as GitHub, Gitlab, etc.
- Experience or understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.), and configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Expert level experience in Amazon Web Services.
- Development frameworks in multiple languages such as Django, Angular, React, React Native, etc.
- Containerization with Docker, and related orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Nomad, etc.
- Security-focused mindset, in addition to experience with security-oriented tooling, threat modeling, etc.
- Directory services like AD, and LDAP
- Experience with ServiceNow's REST API
- Extensive experience with Atlassian Tool Stack. (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
Hot Buttons: AD, and LDAP, ServiceNow's REST API, Atlassian Tool Stack. (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo)