We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who enjoys designing and developing systems where they can balance Reliability and Frequent Improvements.
- Work on building and improving our tools for deploying, monitoring and managing our systems
- Diagnose, troubleshoot problems and develop a fix
- Practice a "Can do" attitude
- Plan for situations instead of reacting to them - proactive
- Participate in on-call rotation
STACK IT Recruitment Inc., based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant experience
- 3+ years of IT work experience
- Experience of coding/automating processes in at least one of the following languages (Shell, Go, Python, Scala)
- Experience with at least one large scale web application and at least one Cloud provider
- Experience of CI/CD process
- Experience with at least one: Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation templating
- Hands-on experience in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Ability to use container solutions such as Kubernetes, Docker/Swarm, and ECS/Fargate
- Experience with Multiple cloud providers
- Experience dealing with APIs and microservices.
- Experience with Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, ELK, Multiple monitoring tools
- Experience in open-source products
- Knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies
- Fast learner, ability to think on your feet
- Experience managing, deploying and troubleshooting, large scale environments
- Strong Team-player