Are you a DevOps Engineer that wants to be an essential cog in a small but highly effective development team?
We host high performance, high traffic applications in a combination of self-managed cloud-hosted servers, and AWS managed services.
Fully automated deployment, management and monitoring of our ecosystem is our goal. We strive to find a balance between using the latest tech but keeping things simple and manageable.
Lots of room to expand and build on the work we have done already. Our full-stack developers have invested several years into the automation of deployment and hardware setup.
We would love to work with a self-starter that is keen to learn and progress beyond the basics.Required:
Will be an advantage:
- 2 - 3 years of hands-on experience working in a DevOps related role
- Experience in working with production critical systems
- AWS experience.
- Broad knowledge in operating system administration, programming languages, cloud platform deployment and networking protocols
- Database configuration and management: PostgreSQL or MySQL. Data lifecycle management
- Good knowledge of networking
- Previous experience with Ansible and or Terraform
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company to grow the agile development environment
- Efficient and effective in a fast-paced, complex and demanding environment
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and remotely
- High sense of responsibility
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201839 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.