Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer (Mac)
Department: ISD – Infrastructure & Platform Services
Reports to: Director, Client Services
CLIENT is home to more than 670,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
CLIENT technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at CLIENT!
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong Mac device skills. This role will be part of our existing team of desktop engineers primarily focused on Macs, but with a secondary focus on Windows support.
The person in this role will need to prioritize and ensure that timely responses and resolutions are provided to requests and incidents for our Mac users. This is a customer facing role, so maintaining and developing a good relationship with our users is a must. This individual should be able to think outside of the box, be creative, and drive ideas to the team. They should also be able to shift and adjust priorities based on changing business needs in our dynamic environment, while also remaining task-oriented to ensure completion of work from start to finish with appropriate solutions. This role will interact with senior CLIENT executives, so the person in this role will need to present and handle problems in a very structured and professional manner.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex Mac hardware and software issues with a primary focus on security of these devices.
- Responsible for enterprise Mac client hardware / software standards and strategy.
- Support client OS, application, mobile, virus, and hardware issues for users.
- Design, implement, and maintain Mac desktop group policy using JAMF.
- Work with vendors to design and maintain hardware and software standards.
- Develop automated workflows and technologies to efficiently manage Mac endpoints.
- Maintain inventory database, assign hardware and software assets, and manage warranty and service agreement information.
- Lead and assist with root cause analysis as it relates to Apple computers and all peripheral devices.
- Interact with IT vendors and management to ensure solutions are being provided for all escalating tickets.
- Independently resolve complex, break/fix issues in person or via telephone.
- Be available as needed and provide “White Glove” technical support to onsite and remote C-Level Executives.
- Write, maintain and implement systems documentation for incident responses and recurring issues.
- Minimum 5 years of experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Macintosh desktop imaging and distribution platforms such as JAMF, Casper Suite, ARD.
- Strong knowledge of Mac endpoint patching platforms and procedures using JAMF Casper Suite.
- Experience working with shell scripting a plus.
- Minimum 5 years working in depth with various versions of the Mac operating system.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on desktop support experience in a large environment.
- Strong Knowledge of anti-virus platforms, how they work, and their capabilities.
- Experience working with Mac Mobile Device Management platforms such as JAMF Casper Suite.
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) Certifications are a plus.
- In-depth understanding of Mac based hardware, software, peripherals.