The desk appraiser is to review and complete material damage estimates following strict compliance guidelines.
- Prepare and review written material damage estimates using CCC based estimating systems.
- Determine if a vehicle is repairable verses a total loss.
- Perform total loss evaluations.
- Negotiate to reach agreed prices for repair with repair facilities.
- Assist adjusters as needed, which may include explanation of repair process and total loss evaluation.
- File Documents regarding estimates, repairs and total loss evaluations to include any revisions.
- Ensure compliance with state laws and regulation.
- Have proficiency with Microsoft Office products and CCC estimating products.
College degree or equivalent work experience.
5 years desk appraiser experience (at least three of those years with an insurance carrier).
2 + years of material damage appraiser experience.
ICAR or ASE certification a plus