Develop and maintain Master Solid CAD Models and Process Operation CAD Models using Siemens NX to support manufacturing processes for rotating aerospace components. Maintain model file structure to insure proper integration of models between process, drafting, tooling and manufacturing groups. Maintain model structure to insure model updates are effective throughout all engineering groups.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Develop/implement solid model from customer drawings/solid models/IGES files etc…
• Develop/implement solid models for internal processes
• Work with manufacturing engineers/programmers to create detailed operation drawings
• Work with manufacturing/tooling engineers to create detailed tool models/drawings
• Create/maintain proper NX file structure to support multiple file access and effective updates
• Interface directly with customers as required to alleviate NX/drawing technical issues.
• Test/implement NX software updates and required NX license structure for entire department
• Provide NX technical support and training to all Manufacturing/Quality engineering personnel
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Manager or Director
• BSME or equivalent experience in aerospace manufacturing environment
• 3-5 years - preferably in aerospace machining environment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!