Summary of Job Responsibilities
Responsible for all aspects and process within the Department of Design Management team. This includes also Project Management tasks. The set role will include involvement at an early stage in the development of the project, with most of the role concentrating on the delivery aspect of the project design deliverables. Nonetheless, involvement will continue to be required through the complete life cycle of the project, until final construction delivery to the client.
- Develop and lead a team of internal engineers and architects, assistants and coordinators to successfully deliver multiple, complex projects within a live dynamic environment.
- Lead the team and ensure project completion within the set budget, schedule and conformance with client requirements.
- Adequately extract, document and implement client requirements for each project.
- Ensure the implementation of the company’s design guidelines
- Early identification of project risks, implementation risks for the company and determine mitigation strategy
- Advise and establish clear project programmes and milestones to monitor and report project progress.
- Coordinate and integrate the activities of all of the project engineers and architects and other support staff on the project. Establish priorities for the project staff based on owner and project requirements.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings with the contractors and design team to review the following: drawing preparation / approval, equipment/material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections vis-a-vis the project schedule, quality/performance issues on and off site.
- Identify any factory visits that may be required and schedule accordingly.
- Monitor contractor/vendor pending costs. Ensure that the cost report is updated on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with the project executive all client “business” related contact/correspondence to ensure consistency of reporting throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conduct regular meeting with client to review project progress and the following issues: current cost projections/change orders issued to date, anticipated “pending” costs, schedule update, requisition review, highlight near term major activities, changes to the project, any other issues deemed appropriate.
- Ensure all costs and risk updates are communicated and incorporated into the overall project reporting.
- Obtain approvals for changes to the project that have been generated by the contractor team.
- Establish adequate Inspection and Testing with hold points enforced to ensure desired quality of delivery is maintained.
- Obtain client’s acceptance of the work, and sign-off for the completed project design. Responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project report, and prompt closeout of the subcontracts.
- Study, evaluate and identify all tasks and risks from bidding to project undertaking, implementation and up to the final completion of the project.
- Initiate site activity investigations and assessments.
- Evaluate and assess equipment and recommend designs for the project team integrating safety measures.
- Lead, direct, assist and support design teams to ensure deliverable processes on time and within the budget.
- Prepare detailed, accurate timely project reports including work schedules, implementations, deviations, change in subcontractors, customer issues and other related problems.
- Initiate and implement best practices, procedures and standards in compliance with Company’s laws
- Degree in Engineering, degree Architecture / built environment or BSc Construction Management discipline or a similar field.
- 10+ years previous work experience as a Senior Project Manager, Design Manager or Project Manager preferably in Industrial Projects
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards and other project-related activities, their interfaces, and interdependencies.
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams to build collaboration and efficiency.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively across offices.
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills, and experience supervising, and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and working with others.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.