Our client is in need of a solid Design Engineer with hose extrusion experience. The job description is the following:
This position will work with a team that is charged with helping to develop new products as well as supporting the existing product offering to fit customer needs or address market gaps while maintaining quality and cost initiatives for the project. The position will encompass all aspects of development, design, testing, implementation, and support of all product offerings past present, and future. Strong communication skills are a must, as the individual will regularly interact with all disciplines within the company. The engineer shall help with all current engineering issues, products, components, and in addition will support all new product development efforts. The duties will require both hands on activities (testing and crimping) as well as office work and proficiency with ERP software, SolidWorks, and specification work. In addition the engineer will work to help incorporate all new designs in SolidWorks and the ERP system. The position may also entail customer visits to realize new opportunities and better utilize current opportunities to provide true value improvement opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Work with Manufacturing in the realization of any continuous improvement projects.
- Work with Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, and QC on any current production/QC issues that may arise.
- Take direction from the Director of Product Development and Engineering Team in the realizations of new products.
- Developing smart hose solutions to customer problems with innovative thinking and mindset.
- Provide feedback and support to Sales and Marketing group with product testing, development and qualification of both new and existing product lines.
- Work on creating new part number set ups, routings, work ticket templates and other work detail in the ERP system.
- Create drawings in SolidWorks of new designs and work with supplier drawings to transfer to a company specific design format.
- Work with Supply Management on the adoption of new suppliers, new parts, new part availability, lead time, and implementation into current production.
- Work with production and extrusion personnel on new concepts and better streamlining of current product designs.
- Other duties as assigned.
A strong understanding of hydraulics, hose assembly, as well as the understanding of thermoplastic hose extrusion, and assembly is highly desired. Plastic Injection Molding and like experiences a plus.