Min Years Experience
Lead, Technical Design Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead in developing Computer Aided Design models for new products based on direction from Development Engineers and Industrial Designers.
• Lead in the creation and/or review 2D drawings from 3D CAD models as required to support product design release and third-party certification.
• Provide input or create engineering documentation such as BOM’s and ECO’s, etc., for new and existing product
• Work with Engineers and make-to-spec suppliers to understand their tolerance and process capabilities and translate that to best practice DFM/DFA designs.
• Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Suppliers’ inputs to determine appropriate dimensions and GD&T applications with tolerance stack-up analysis.
• Create robust 2D line art and grayscale shaded images from 3D models for use in Product Guides/Instruction Manuals.
• Maintain product documentation in accord with internal standards and procedures.
• Provide engineering documentation as required for product cost quotes.
• Create and/or modify Product Guides/Instruction Manuals as required.
• Manage release documentation to production and maintain 3D CAD an 2D drawing files in an orderly manner on server or within Pro/E Windchill PDM
Click here to apply online