Participates in the design and development of new and existing products, and complex tooling. Prepares and maintains the configuration definition of products. Participates in the company CAD/CAM development committee. Review definitions prepared by junior, intermediate, and other senior personnel (Designers) as well as providing them direction. Manage projects, schedules, and budgets.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
• Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
• Employee Engagement Committee
• Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
• Develops integrated, cost-effective product and tooling designs using CATIA and various numerical analysis packages to support assigned programs.
• Develops potential design improvements and corrections for new and current projects. Is involved with final design review and supports design for manufacturability investigations.
• Analyzes research data and proposes product specifications to determine feasibility of design proposals. Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve design issues.
• Liaising with drafting, engineering, manufacturing, quality, and other Company personnel for consultation and review of designs.
• Provide direction to junior and intermediate Drafting personnel, as well as checking their work. Manage the workload handed to intermediate and junior design personnel as well as the budget and schedule of assign projects. Report to Manager/Supervisor on schedules, budgets, and manpower requirements for projects assigned.
• Maintaining an understanding, and where required develop and implement company design and drafting procedures.
• Graduate of a recognized Technology program; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledgeable in aircraft structural integrity, loads, classic stress analysis and experience with exhaust components, CAD, customer interface and CATIA. and know the function of product components.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!