Design hydraulic equipment, tools, and systems from conceptual ideas to the final manufacturing stage, including project management duties. This will involve research of customer needs to develop conceptual ideas, actual product design, coordination of the manufacture of proto-type units, performance testing and product evaluation, and provide technical support of the finished product. Some underground or on-site work may be required.
- Provide the expanded duties of “Designer” involving design, analysis, design calculations, safety, documentation, quality control, testing, and sales support.
- Visit customer sites, provide market research, define common problems and needs of general customer.
- Design conceptual layout of new hydraulic equipment, tools, and systems.
- Obtain budgetary costing information and create proposals for customers.
- Develop working drawings & bill of materials for manufacture. Knowledge of materials, heat treating, fabricating, welding, machining, and machining tolerances preferred. Specify materials and components for purchasing.
- Coordinate the manufacture of components and assembly of units.
- Test, evaluate, and modify components or subassemblies to enhance performance.
- Provide sales support including marketing strategy when required.
- Analyze product performance in actual working environment.
- Monitor customer feedback.
- Explore measures to increase product profitability and cost reduction options.
- May occasionally travel (day and overnight) to customer and vendor sites, which can include mining and industrial environments.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred), or other related degree.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of experience in design engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
- Must have knowledge of Mechanical Drafting and the creation of working drawings.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and mathematical abilities.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Client Safety System in daily job duties.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.