Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at Derek@zsgtalent.com
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent a U.S. leader in the manufacturing of custom-engineered, high-quality metal building systems. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers.
We are searching for a Civil Design Engineer to join our client’s growing team.
As the Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Designing safe, accurate, and cost effective low-rise metal building systems, including airplane hangars, churches, gymnasiums, industrial buildings, and more.
- Frame, secondary, bracing, crane, mezzanine and panel analysis using proprietary software
- Assisting in division sales and profits by designing safe and economical structures
- Load determination per applicable codes
- Actively managing projects through effective communication with customers and other departments
- Reviewing and checking structural drawings
- Occasional travel to project meetings
- Developing safe, creative, and economical design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Working with others to continue to grow as an engineer
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on structural engineering from an ABET-accredited institution (currently have or will obtain prior to hire)
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) status earned by passing the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (or awaiting results from recent testing)
- Effective communication using both verbal and written skills
- Authorization to work in the United States without employer sponsorship
Preferred qualifications include experience designing metal building systems and Professional Engineer license.
Keywords: design engineer, civil engineer, structural engineer, BSCE, P.E., P. Eng, professional engineer, civil professional engineer, pre-engineered buildings, pre-engineered metal buildings, pre-fabricated buildings, metal building systems, steel buildings, steel building industry