Title: Design Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Design Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Marysville, WA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Create designs of aircraft interior products (bins, galleys, lavatories, ceiling panels or seats) used in commercial and private aircraft using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site.
- While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft and ease of manufacturing is necessary.
- Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft, commercial airlines, first class and high end private jets products.
- Produce innovative, intelligent designs (drawings) for on site production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight and function.
- Develop quality designs and evaluate cost, weight, and ensure the design is producible within the time constraints of a project.
- Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
- Produce accurate drawings, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
- Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality and certification.
- Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product designed.
- Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
- BS in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- 6+ years of design experience in the aviation industry.
- MS Office Suite, MS Windows, AutoCAD, Catia V5
- Understanding of aircraft trim and finish practices, basics of airworthiness requirements for passenger aircraft, and mechanical systems and strengths of materials.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.