Duties & Responsibilities
We represent a leader in the manufacturing of custom-engineered, high-quality metal building systems in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers.
We are searching for a Design Engineer to join our client's growing team.
As the Design Engineer you will be responsible for safely and efficiently designing metal building structures and other structural features. Design calculations for mid to high complexity jobs with accuracy and within time frames consistent with position expectations, working knowledge of building codes and standards to assure all building designs are processed in accordance to the governing codes and standards.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree or MS in Civil or Architectural Engineering from an accredited school with emphasis in structural engineering.
- PE or SE license in US, or the ability to gain registration within one year.
- Experience in the pre-engineered metal building industry
- Able to act as the group leader for a team of junior design engineers
- Basic knowledge of building construction methonds.
Keywords: design engineer, civil engineer, structural engineer, BSCE, P.E., P. Eng, professional engineer, civil professional engineer, pre-engineered buildings, pre-engineered metal buildings, pre-fabricated buildings, metal building systems, steel buildings, steel building industry