SUMMARY:This position exists in support of the business execution requirements of the Automation Systems department. This position requires a candidate to execute tasks pertaining to the design of mechanical (including pneumatics & hydraulics) hardware for industrial robot systems.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Design & detailing of mechanical hardware as required for multiple system projects.
- Tasks include the design and detailing of: System layouts, cable-tray/wire-way routing, mechanical tooling & fixtures (robot & fixed mounted), CNC fixtures, tooling and accessories, and pneumatic/hydraulic devices & circuitry, etc.
- Design administrative duties include: attendance at project team meetings, customer meetings, design reviews, support of mechanical and electrical hardware integration, scheduling of multiple design tasks, redline drawing updates, and mechanical drawing file control.
- Create and/or receive 3D simulation data as part of the design line-up.
- Work within hardware design/build project budgets.
- Execute design tasks using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Work as part of an execution team.
- Assume lead design engineer role on assigned projects.
- Maintain and track personal workload.
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent education) in a related engineering discipline, or equivalent
- Five years of related design experience.
- Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks.
- Strong industrial automation knowledge, preferably robot automation systems.
- Strong knowledge of CNC fixture/work-holding and related equipment.
- Strong mechanical/pneumatic design knowledge and techniques.
- Strong computer skills with expert knowledge of computer-aided design software and techniques.
- 2D AutoCAD and 3D SolidWorks preferred.
- Exposure to ISO-9001 and related quality systems.