endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Under guidance of the Chief Engineer, the Design Engineer completes engineering tasks critical to customer support, new product development, quality improvements, and maintenance of existing products. Creates and maintains bills of materials and other documentation. Interfaces with Manufacturing Engineering to introduce new products/product revisions into manufacturing.
- Designs components and assemblies of new products as well as upgrading the design and implementing changes on existing products under direction. Trains manufacturing, sales, and service personnel as appropriate.
- Creates and updates 3D models, drawings, procedures, work instructions, manuals, literature, BOM’s, etc., for the development of new products and maintenance of existing products. Ensures quality and thoroughness of engineering documentation.
- Develops component specifications for purchasing and manufacturing department and evaluates alternate parts offered by purchasing and vendors.
- Develops prototypes to support new product development as needed.
- Conducts or oversees lab testing and prepares data analysis, conclusions, and reports.
- Represents product development/engineering team on cross-functional teams.
- Works closely with Product Management, Engineering, Quality, Customer Service, and Purchasing departments to resolve customer issues and incorporate improvements into existing and new product designs.
- May work directly with customers to provide technical expertise, problem resolution, and product development.
- Maintains contacts with persons inside and outside the company where matters discussed require resourcefulness, tact, and working knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- May travel as appropriate to support project efforts, resolve quality concerns or professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Four year engineering degree, BSME, BSCE, BSEE, or equal.
- At least 3 years work experience in product design in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in HVAC/R, appliances, or automotive industries is preferred.
- Good documentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using CAD - SolidWorks 3D modeling preferred.
- Competent in the use of MS-Office, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience designing plastic, sheet metal and/or electro-mechanical parts and devices preferred