Responsible for designing new products, processes, as well as improvements and maintenance of new and existing products. May conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, can be manufactured, and reliable. Communicates with other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and assure project completion. May provide technical leadership and assist in training less experienced engineering staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITESClick here to apply online
• Acts as subject matter expert as necessary.
• Conceptual and detail design of commercial complex products and equipment.
• Independently creates complete part and assembly designs and drawings for all manufactured and purchased parts - may include prototypes and models.
• Creates complete bills of material.
• Responsible for creating appropriate manuals and documents.
• Interacts frequently with internal and external parties as necessary.
• Design and implements fixtures and tools.
• Suggests changes in procedures, standards, to facilitate work and maintain quality.
• May approve products for release, including maintaining all relevant data records.
• May be required to mentor, coach or lead others
• May manage projects to include but not limited to scope, design reviews, schedule and budgeting.
• May assist in managing department work load and project assignments.
• Leads the development, enforcement, utilization and maintenance of internal engineering standards.
• May be required to travel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Reliable attendance is a must.