This position will be assisting in corporate administrative and technical functions and incorporating these to plant level. The administrative functions include the organization and maintenance of ISO documentation, drawing and design databases as well as project management and general office work. The technical functions include part and tool design using Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks drafting/design software. Incorporating knowledge and general mechanical engineering. The plant level function will consist of assisting the plants with technical information as well as possible help in installation of designed parts for form, fit and function and conducting all associated training necessary. Must be a self-starter.
- Manage engineering timelines, assist with engineering budgeting, writes engineering purchase orders, capital requests and justifications.
- Oversees engineering ISO documentation and assist with plant engineering projects.
- Assist with existing and new tool design and drafting.
- Assist in supplying technical information to plant personnel, sales and customers.
- Assist with various plant level tasks as needed from the engineering design group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in BSME / BSEE / BSE or comparable Bachelors of Science degree preferred.
- Must have 2-5 years’ prior Engineering experience.
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and possess project management skills.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD/ Inventor or Solidworks. Ability to read blueprints.
- Excellent analytical thinking and innovative problem solving skills
- Relevant manufacturing experience including blow molding, injection molding, metal forming and fabrication, ISO systems preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, Bi-Lingual(English/Spanish) a plus.
- Must be able to lift 55LBS.
- Must be able to stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles