Position: Derivatives Operations Analyst I
Duration: 6 months with potential extension or conversion to PERM
Location: Remote for now and later Downtown Toronto
Global Equity Derivatives Operations Analyst I
We are looking for an individual to join a high functioning institutional equities operations desk with the desire to develop innovative and strategic solutions. The candidate should have proven influencing, relationship management and client interaction skills. The team is directly involved with internal and external trade desks and clients. Overall drive is to drive business development, process enhancements and improve client service levels while reduce risk.
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with our clients and internal groups to ensure a high level of service is provided on an ongoing basis.
- Overall accountability and governance of cash break investigations liaising with clients, correspondent banks, front office and other partners to resolve within procedural guidelines.
- Ensure all settlement issues are identified and resolved accordingly with the required guidelines.
- Provide a high level of customer service to our clients acting as a point of contact for all customer inquiries.
- Report and escalate all technology issues, client issues, Sales & Trading issues and failed trades to management accordingly.
- Assist with resolving operational issues by determining appropriate resolution and root cause analysis to ensure the Bank/clients are not exposed to any significant risk, penalty or loss
- Ideally 3-5 years of progressive experience within capital markets, preferably in an Operational space.
- Reconciliation experience with an understanding of accounting and balancing mindset
- End to end understanding of trade life cycle of equities and derivatives.
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills along with an inquisitive mindset to question processes.
- Technical skills in automation including data analytics including tools such as VBA, Tableau, Alteryx, Python and UI Path.
- University or college degree in STEM related field
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Sophis and ISM considered an asset.
- Securities accreditation is an asset