Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has an exciting opportunity for a Deburrer. This position provides an excellent starting point to building a career within the aerospace industry. The primary focus would be to deburr excess material from the Nose Landing Gear using air operated hand grinders, sanders, chipping chisels, gauges and templates. Please note, the wage range for this position is $19.83/hr to $23.92/hr. This position will be on rotating shifts: morning, afternoon and nights.
- Deburr excess material from the Nose Landing Gear using air operated hand grinders, sanders, chipping chisels, gauges and templates
- Receive work assignment from supervisor
- Use various size pneumatic chipping chisels to remove excess material
- Use air operated hand tools such as grinders, sanders
- Use calipers, templates, straight edges, rule to check tolerances
- Use small hand tools to change cutters, grinders and sanding equipment
- Use tote boxes or hand truck to transport material manually
- Notify supervisor or any job irregularities, faulty equipment or material
- Observe plant safety rules
- Maintain clean work area
- Must be able to read, write and understand English, with the ability to accept and follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Physical fitness and dexterity to perform lifting, positioning and moving of parts.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety policy and practices.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)