Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) has a new opportunity for a Deburrer. The successful incumbent will be responsible for inspecting the surface finish of products and ensure they comply with organizational or client specifications. This operation is most delicate and responsible so we are looking for an individual with high attention to detail.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Free parking
- Input job hours into Magellan MRP software
- Use appropriate hand grinding equipment and appropriate abrasive materials to remove machining marks, cusps, steps, chatter marks, sharp corners, burrs, etc.
- Use appropriate hand grinding equipment and appropriate abrasive materials to develop blend areas and radii as required.
- Use appropriate tumbling equipment to remove sharp corbers from small parts when appropriate.
- Inspect own work for conformance to Routers, blueprints, and other provided documentation.
- Use basic mechanical inspection equipment such as micrometers, dial calipers, and radius gages
- High school Diploma or Degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand technical sketch
- Familiarity with the use of hand grinding equipment
- Familiarity with the use of different types and grades of abrasive
- Materials on typical aerospace materials
- Familiarity with the use of basic mechanical inspection equipment
- Accountable for the quality of one’s own work
- Capable of using MS Office products
- Ability to read/ speak/ write fluent English
- Ability to multi-task a plus.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.