Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has an exciting opportunity for a Deburrer. This position provides an excellent starting point to building a career within the aerospace industry. The primary focus would be to deburr excess material from the Nose Landing Gear using air operated hand grinders, sanders, chipping chisels, gauges and templates. Please note, the wage rate for this position is $19.00 per hour. This position will be on rotating shifts: morning, afternoon and nights.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Free parking
• Receive work assignment from supervisor
• Use various size pneumatic chipping chisels to remove excess material
• Use air operated hand tools such as grinders, sanders
• Use calipers, templates, straight edges, rule to check tolerances
• Use small hand tools to change cutters, grinders and sanding equipment
• Use tote boxes or hand truck to transport material manually
• Notify supervisor or any job irregularities, faulty equipment or material
• Observe plant safety rules
• Maintain clean work area
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!