endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Large Solar Company located in Richardson Texas is looking for a Data and Systems Engineer
The Data and Systems Engineer role is to delight customers through excessive service, support, availability, technical support and attentive thorough communications and coordination of communications events and projects. Role ranges from phone technical support, field support and management of service efforts related to communications.
- Answer incoming tech support calls, process issues to successful action and closure with customer
- Be technically knowledgeable to solve problems and guide customers to action such as; onboarding of customers, enable customer to fix issue, send service person, issue and execute RMA or spare parts action
- Manage CPS data communications Portal to ensure reliability, accuracy, and performance
- Organize fleet or batch actions and coordinate service projects for customers (manage communications, organize action plans, coordinate within CPS, communicate proactively and in steady, structured way for customer resolutions – secure customer delight during such efforts)
- Collaborate with Firmware team to maintain up-to-date product communications protocol information and documentation
- Work with R&D team to drive development of improvements/advancements of data communications solutions
- Be professional in all aspects of work quality, communications, company and individual presentation
- Use leading edge safety practices and implement company policies and procedures
- Ensure field team has all parts, spares, tools, equipment at all times for maximum productivity and customer satisfaction
- Help drive rigor amongst service team for activity reporting for internal company use and customer reporting
- 2 year AA degree or 4 year college degree relating to ModBus communications in the power electronics field.
- Vocational, technology training coursework including hands-on training
- 2 years of experience with solar and/or energy industry services, commissioning, and applications preferred, but on-the-job training is available in some cases
- Knowledge of solar PV inverter and technology (residential, commercial, utility, power conversion)
- Experience in field repair, maintenance, diagnostics of data communications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Diplomatic and artful communicator when challenged by field or service issues
- Good skills using email, text, phone, Excel, Word
- Multiplexer, agile, speed and problem solving oriented, systematic, organized, able to travel occasionally and with short notice for sake of customer satisfaction and field portfolio performance goals
- This job requires working in the office, lab and sometimes in field
- This role routinely uses office equipment such as a computer and phone and mechanized equipment such as pneumatic tools, hand or power tools, cranes, lifts and hoists, ladders
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to operate a motor vehicle
- Requires exposure to contaminants, hazardous equipment, hazardous conditions, high places, and sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment
- Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Mostly lab and office-based work but some travel out-of-town to attend required training or work at branch locations or customer PV sites (estimate less than 20% travel)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.