Position: Risk Data Reporting Analyst - JP3595
Duration: 6 months (potential extension)
Location: Oakville, ON
- The objective of the role of Risk Data Reporting Analyst is to build a reporting database for our Specialized Lending & Commercial Loans products.
- You are required to have a strong understanding of databases and reporting tools such as Excel, VBA, SQL, and SAS, as well as Commercial/Specialized Lending products/risk management.
- The purpose of this job is to build a robust process that can give management access to the required data elements from the loans so we can perform risk oversight of the portfolio.
- Some of the data inputs are manual/paper based which will require an understanding of how to read the loan documents when transferring this information to the database.
- Note the goal is to have the database built in an automated fashion.
- You will be required to define the data schema, build the database, create data integrity tests to ensure reconciliation and document the process.
- Use a variety of analytical tools including Excel, VBA, SAS and SQL for data manipulation, analysis and reporting purposes.
- Design an advanced reporting structure which enables the Executive team to easily glean insights into the portfolios risk and strategic opportunities.
- Ensure a high level of data integrity and that the database reconciles to the general ledger.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate your results to management in an effective manner. In addition, there will be a lot of communication with the Specialized Lending team to understand their data.
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Competencies):
- 3+ years’ experience with Reporting, Databases and Analytics.
- Proficient in Excel, VBA, SAS, SQL, (Python an asset)
- Ability to independently and creatively solve problems in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Lending experience/Risk management knowledge is an asset (Mortgages, Commercial Loans, Lines of Credit)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex issues to business partners and executives.
- Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics), Finance, Economics or any other relevant area with equivalent quantitative background.