Surgo (PTY) Ltd. has partnered with a global analytics and digital solutions company serving industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, retail, and others. They aim to bridge the gap between digital expectations and real outcomes for international companies with Digital Intelligence.
Our client is recruiting for a Data Engineer
to join their team based in Cape Town.Job purpose:
The data engineer is ultimately accountable for preparing and manipulating data for further analysis, including ETL and will support testing across the development lifecycle
The Data Engineer is responsible for extracting and transforming data from source systems, understanding how to integrate or join different sources to create a dataset that can be used for reporting, analysis and analytics. Overall the Data Engineer will strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. Role will also be involved in testing activities with the assistance from a Business Analyst and Data Architect/Modeller.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prepares, transforms, models data and resolves conflicting sources of data and anomalies
- Supports the delivery of BI and analytical products to business users via participating in Agile development pod activities including Agile ceremonies
- Implement methods to improve data reliability and quality
- Combines raw information from different sources to create consistent and machine-readable formats
- Develop and test architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive or prescriptive modelling
- Responsible for technical testing services across the entire delivery lifecycle including: system integration testing, performance engineering and unit testing. Cooperate with the Business Analyst, Data Architect and Data Visualisation Developer throughout these testing activities.
- Work with the Group IT team to adhere to architecture guidelines and provide valuable input to develop them
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Clear Credit record
- Clear Criminal and fraud record
- English mandatory, German favorable
- Extensive experience of designing, developing and testing ETL processes
- Experience of batch and real-time processing
- Experience in extracting value and features from large scale data and toolsets
- Modern code development practices
- Extensive experience working with SAP ERP and BW/4HANA (Frontend and Backend)
- Experience of relational and NoSQL data modelling approaches
- Experience of at least one packaged ETL tool
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Extensive hands-on experience with BW Data modelling and SQL database design
- Data engineering certification (e.g. MS Azure Data Engineer or SAP Data Architects) is a plus
- Working proficiency in English and any other European languages are a plus
Market RelatedWorking hours:
8am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 202489 subject heading or email body.
Surgo (Pty) Ltd will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity (EE) and is committed in maintaining diversity in its’ appointments. Surgo (Pty) Ltd, therefore also encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within three months upon submission, you can assume your application was unsuccessful and we encourage you to reapply. Please note that as a registered member of APSO, Surgo (PTY) Ltd. does not hold applicants accountable for any application fee.
Your CV will be kept on our database for us to contact you should any future vacancies become available. If you do not wish for us to keep your CV for any other positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.