Our client, a fast growing consumer loan servicing company, is seeking a Data Engineer to join their elite team to build out their data platform.
This role will report to the CIO. As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for designing and implementing data solutions using Amazon cloud technologies. A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence ETL tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results. You should have excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, as well as superior written and verbal communication skills.
The position can be more or less senior based on the experience of the individual applicant, but the minimum and preferred skills are listed below.Responsibilities Include
· Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL and Python
· Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support business analytics & modeling
· Interface with CIO to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to continually improve data quality and implement business logic using efficient transformations
Basic Qualifications (You will be required to “test into” your claimed skill sets to show level of aptitude)
· 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role. Experience in financial services is preferred.
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL and Python.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
· 3+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
· Experience with Tableau a plus
At the Company, we pride ourselves in our team’s skill sets and ability to produce industry leading results from a small, elite team. We want to invest in long term employees who can learn quickly and grow with us. By joining us, you will be involved in developing industry leading solutions, have extremely valuable resources to learn from, and work for a company that highly values its talented employees.