Our client located in Newmarket is looking for a Data Architect for their growing team.
Full-time permanent role
The role offers full benefits and has a Bonus component
- Will be responsible for understanding, qualifying, developing, and implementing enterprise-wide data management strategies, frameworks and models.
- Will be working closely with the teams – internal and external to understand the needs/requirements.
- Will be a “guiding light”/ expert to make suggestions and take decisions on data and analytics environments.
- Will translate the business requirements to technical requirements.
- Strategic initiatives – end to end – designing, architecting, deploying, maintaining enterprise-wide data architecture roadmap, modeling.
- Will work closely with the technical teams to understand the needs/ requirements and implement these in data infrastructure and architecture.
- Will act as the “technical expert” on the current and new data projects.
- Will be responsible for data management, systems integration, compatibility, security.
- Will work closely with the Stakeholders on project feasibility, timelines, and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Should have 3- 5 years of experience in or as a Data Architect
- Should have strong technical skills: data modeling, data engineering, process modeling, data security, data reference, data analytics, governance, and versioning.
- Should have strong technical skills: Microsoft data technologies including SQL Server, TSQL, SQL Azure, SSIS, Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, SSRS, PowerBI, SSAS.
- Should have good knowledge of structured methodologies and data modeling standards, guidelines, and data best practices.
- Industry experience: Utilities – nice to have.
- Knowledge of utility systems like AMI, CIS, GIS, MDMS, OMS – nice to have.
- Should have experience in developing and implementing data architecture roadmap in line with the corporate objectives.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be able to work in a team and independently.
- Extensive travel to client sites throughout North America
- Must be able to travel to the US without sponsorship or visa.
STACK IT Recruitment Inc., based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!