The primary focus of this position is to use technical skills to put software, systems and data together in a way that extracts meaningful insights from raw data. You need to uncover and synthesize connections in data that are not always so clear. This will involve engaging with different clients to understand business problems/needs and deliver data insights. By understanding the data value chain and retail acumen will help you to put everything into context. Being able to tell a compelling story by visualising data is crucial to get your point across and keep your stakeholders engaged. You will need to be helpful and supportive to your team and fellow developers.Responsibilities
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Interact with clients to understand requirements and business problems/needs
- Identify, analyse, visualise and understand supporting data to propose solid solutions
- Develop and drive the delivery of solutions for which you are responsible whilst adhering to team best practices
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Mentor fellow developers
- Support existing solutions within GCP and Oracle
- Doing standby on a rotating basis
- Tertiary qualification in IT
- Strong Data analysis skills
- At least 6 years of Qlikview and/or QlikSense and/or Qlik NPrinting experience
- Knowledge of the retail industry will be beneficial
- Preferred – Korn shell scripting, Python/Java, SQL
- Google Cloud Platform experience would be looked upon favourably
- Having a broad understanding of different SDLC’s
- Preferred agile experience
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201643 subject heading or email body.
- The natural tendency to take ownership and responsibility
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, effective planning and organisational skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
- You have a can-do attitude and positive outlook on life
- Can cope under pressure
- Curious and interested in analyzing problems and possible solutions
- Strong team player
- Self-driven learner, passionate about new technology
- Above all, be passionate about what you do
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.