Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
A Group Annuity Analyst to join the Group Retirement Solutions team that is responsible for Benefit Administration; this is part of the Actuarial Pricing department.
Reporting to the Head of Client Relations, the successful candidate will support the business administration & implementation of new groups. The incumbent will also participate in other special projects as assigned.
This role is accountable for providing, business management, client relations support and process improvement. This is achieved by working closely with Group Annuity Clients, Actuarial Consulting Firms, Group Annuity Pricing Team, Customer Service Center and providing support where required.
What you will achieve in this role:
Main responsibility will be to convert data from current in house platform to a third party administrator platform.
• data conversion from in house platform to third party administrator platform
• Provide oversight on improvement on data conversion tool
Other responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
A. Business Management
• Handle inquiries from external Consulting Firms and internal partners in regards of group annuity
• Handle the monthly reconciliations of health premiums and secondary insurer payments for active groups
• Maintain up to date data records of ongoing changes that impact pricing (premium reconciliation process)
• Act as an Client Relations liaison between other departments on special projects or initiatives
B. New Business Support and Reporting
• Develop, analyze and provide management information reports as needed
• Prepare Database and files to facilitate data transfer
• Prepare contract documentation to be sent to new policyholders
• Prepare annual reports to be sent to annuitants
• Carry out functions with an extremely high sense of urgency
• Work in tandem with Customer Service Center to support the New Business Implementation process
C. Process improvement
• Provide expertise and insight to support process improvement
• Act as a Insurance liaison with external vendors providing services in order to improve business process or develop new markets
What you will bring to this role:
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• 1-3 years of experience in data analytics
• Good knowledge of the regulatory and tax requirements
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills, programming language (eg python)
• Experience with an in house Pension plan/ or large corporation/consulting firms
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• Good knowledge of group annuity products and sales channels
• French (oral & written) is a definite asset
• Good knowledge of the regulatory and tax requirements from a pension perspective
• Pension background
• Knowledge of CAPSIL, Work Management and Alias is an asset.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• In-depth analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong relationship management skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Keen attention to detail.
• Undergraduate university degree
• Pension industry and Life insurance related education (e.g.: CEBS, LOMA,) is an asset
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.