Director of Nursing (DON)
Under the general supervision of the administrator, the Director of Nursing will manage, direct and coordinate the delivery of nursing and clinical care to residents at this senior community on the island of Maui.
- Oversee admission, discharge, and transfer processes.
- Provide oversight of MDS assessments, care planning and RAI process, Infection Control processes and clinical performance improvement activities.
- Supervise the ADON, Nurse Managers, MDS Nurse, Charge Nurses, Certified Nurse Assistants, Treatment Aides, Restorative Nursing Assistants, Resident Care Assistants, Unit Aides / Care Assistants, Ward Clerks and Medical Records Coordinator.
- Ensure nursing staff are trained in processes as well as current rules, regulation and guidelines that govern long-term care facilities.
- Work collaboratively to recruit, select and retain the right staff for the position and facility.
- Work collaboratively with management team to implement and achieve facility’s short and long terms goals as delineated on the facility’s OPPM within planned budgets and schedules. Provide
clear direction to staff to execute tasks necessary to implement operational goals and objectives.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Three years professional nursing experience required; experience in geriatrics, or long-term care preferred; management experience preferred. Comprehensive knowledge of clinical and behavioral
needs of aging and special needs population
- Current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Hawaii required.
- CPR and First Aide required.
To learn more, please contact Christopher at Chrism@apnusa.com or call 602-788-5890.