Euravia North America, a member of the Magellan Aerospace group, has an exciting new opportunity for a DER Engineering Manager. The successful incumbent will oversee the incoming evaluation, inspection and planning of all incoming parts. They will verify all associated documentation as required by repair instructions, customer purchase order, Engineering instructions, ENA procedures, FAA regulations and FAA approved data and shall issue all applicable supporting documentation.
Euravia offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Report directly to Operations Manager for all Engineering related issues.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Engineering department and authorize approval of repairs and approval of deviations within the acceptable limits.
- Will oversee the incoming evaluation, inspection and planning of all incoming parts verifying all associated documentation as required by repair instructions, customer purchase order, Engineering instructions, ENA procedures, FAA regulations and FAA approved data and shall issue all applicable supporting documentation
- Approve work instructions for ENA repairs and ongoing developments.
- Be accountable for maintenance and storage for all engineering approved data.
- Approve specialized process parameters, procedures and engineering orders.
- As a company DER will prepare and review substantiation data for major repairs submitted for FAA approval.
- May be asked to act on behalf of other Magellan divisions in the capacity of the Magellan DER engineer.
- Review all updates for approved data received and is responsible for verifying it is correctly incorporated ENA information and records system within an acceptable time frame.
- Conceive and develop new repairs, coordinating resources internally and externally to keep all projects in accordance with time schedules specified.
- Provide staff direction and guidance as required.
- May delegate to any qualified assistant as required, however such delegation does not relieve him/her of overall responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Have previous FAA/DER responsibilities
- Over 10 years of aerospace engineering experience.
- Strong technical knowledge with background in component repair development.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanics/dynamics, tolerances, fits and clearances.
- Experience with machining techniques in a repair station environment.
- Knowledge of brazing, welding, air flow and metal spray applications.
- Knowledge of material properties and specifications.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations pertinent to repair stations, engine and airframe repair/modification certification.
- Familiar with all quality requirements pertinent to an FAA repair station.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.