Pre-Sales Engineer – Data Center (Virtualization, Cloud, Server, Storage)
The ideal candidate will have functioned as a Data Center Pre-Sales Engineer with a data center related Information Technology Manufacturer and/or Value-Added Reseller. Must reside in Middle Tennessee, Northern Alabama or Southern Kentucky. Relocation not provided.
Under the guidance of DCi’s Sales and Operations Executives, the Pre-Sales Engineer’s primary focus is to work with the sales team to identify Data Center business development opportunities. The Pre-Sales Engineer will work with the Management and Engineering teams of multiple Clients to develop complex technology systems. In doing so, the Pre-Sales Engineer will develop detailed value-added solution implementation and/or upgrade plans, by incorporating the appropriate hardware and software solutions.
- Work with local Client Executives to identify and target prospective clients.
- Work with local Client Executives to provide professional and structured sales presentations and solutions.
- Collaborate with DCi, client and product manufacturer Engineers.
- Perform application studies, develop value added solutions and generate proposals.
- Work as an implementation team member on very large and complex engagements.
- Build relationships with existing clients and potential clients.
- Prepare personal strategic action plans to support local selling activities.
- Develop and sustain professional relationships and contacts with business leaders, product manufacturers, team members and management.
- Actively participate in local professional organizations and manufacturer user groups.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience: A Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, business, sales, marketing or related field, is preferred. Must have a proven track record of success as a Pre-Sales Engineer with an Information Technology Manufacturer and/or Value-Added Reseller.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to interface with DCi and Client Management and Engineers, to validate designs and configurations.
- Must have the expertise to provide oversight to post-sales implementations.
- Willingness and ability to travel within a 200-mile radius of Middle Tennessee and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Effective presentation, analytical, verbal and written communications, client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from clients and potential clients.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to changing business needs and the needs of the client.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and collaborative attitude.
- Must have effective time management and organizational skills while working in an environment where interruptions occur.
- Must possess the ability and discipline to work independently with minimal supervision; while contributing to overall team success.
- Must be resourceful, results/goal oriented, able to multi-task and able to operate under pressure.
- Must demonstrate a desire and ability to learn new and evolving technologies.
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft office including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Ability to work with a CRM system, preferably ConnectWise.
- Information Technology and Services
Skills for Job:
- Solutions Architecture
- Presentation Skills
- Managed Services
- Cloud Computing
- Analytic Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Written Communications
- Verbal Communications
- Solution Implementation