Engineer – Data Center (Virtualization, Cloud, Server, Storage)
The Data Center Engineer is responsible for the implementation of Data Center technologies for DCi customers. The ideal candidate has experience with multiple server and storage manufacturers, installing & upgrading complex systems, implementing & managing private cloud infrastructure, migrating data and analyzing performance metrics to assist customers in achieving their I.T. business goals. Must reside in Middle Tennessee, Northern Alabama or Southern Kentucky. Relocation not available.
- Work with the DCi Project Management Office (PMO) and Solutions Architect to deliver customer services involving servers, storage, virtualization & backup and recovery.
- Attend customer calls and meetings.
- Develop the technical components of project plans.
- Perform onsite and remote services including, but not limited to:
- Server/storage/appliance rack, stack, cabling and configuration.
- Hardware/software performance tuning.
- Installation of operating systems, hypervisors, software and management platforms.
- Validation of implementation.
- Create customer-facing as-built documentation and visio diagrams.
- Attend customer support calls, as necessary.
- Attend necessary training/conferences and acquire applicable certification levels.
- Experience with installing/configuring/upgrading/troubleshooting (or be certified on):
- Server/blade technologies from HPE, Cisco, and/or Dell Technologies.
- Storage technologies from HPE (3Par/Nimble), NetApp, Dell/EMC.
- Hyper-converged technologies from HPE (Simplivity), Nutanix, VMware, and/or VCE.
- Backup technologies from Veeam, Veritas (NetBackup), Dell (Avamar/DataDomain), HPE (StoreOnce).
- Virtualization platforms from VMware/Microsoft/KVM.
- Virtual Desktop platforms from VMware (Horizon View) and/or Citrix (XenApp/Desktop).
- Storage area network technologies (FC/iSCSI) from Brocade and/or Cisco.
- Have familiarity with networking - switching, VLANs, and routing (Layer 2-3).
- Demonstrated strong inter-personal and customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication and time management skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%. Most travel via automobile.
- Manufacturer Technical Certifications are very desirable. Examples would include:
- VMware NSX
- Cisco CCNA Data Center
- HPE Server (M)ASE
- HPE Storage (M)ASE
- NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer
- Dell DECS-IE
Skills for Job:
- Analytic Skills
- Solution Implementation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relationship
- Written Communications