Pre-Sales Engineer – Security
The Pre-Sales Engineer will have functioned as a pre-sales security engineer or consultant working with an Information Technology Manufacturer, Managed Services Provider and/or Value-Added Reseller.
Under the guidance of the Sales and Operations Executives, the Pre-Sales Engineer’s primary focus is to work with the Sales team to identify Security business development opportunities. The Pre-Sales Engineer will work with Client Management and Engineering to develop and upgrade complex information technology security systems. In doing so, the Engineer will develop application specifications and value-added solutions by incorporating the appropriate hardware and software. This individual must have the ability to interface with management; as well as other Engineers to validate designs and configurations.
- Work with local Client Relationship Executives to identify and target prospective customers.
- Work with local Client Relationship Executives to provide professional and structured sales presentations and solutions.
- Collaborate with Engineers within DCi, with clients and with manufacturers.
- Perform application studies, develop value added solutions and generate proposals.
- Work as a team member on large, complex engagements.
- Build relationships with existing clients and potential clients.
- Prepare personal strategic action plans to support local selling activities.
- Develop and sustain professional relationships and contacts with business leaders, product manufacturers, team members and management.
Required Education and Experience: A Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, business, sales, marketing or related field. Must have a proven track record of success as a security consultant with an Information Technology Manufacturer, Managed Services Provider and/or Value-Added Reseller. Knowledge of cybersecurity and cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must reside in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. Relocation is not available.
- Willingness and ability to travel within a 200-mile radius of the Metroplex and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Effective presentation, analytical, verbal and written communications, customer relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from clients and potential clients.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to changing business needs and the needs of the client.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and collaborative attitude.
- Must have effective time management and organizational skills while working in an environment where interruptions occur.
- Must possess the ability and discipline to work independently with minimal supervision; while contributing to overall team success.
- Must be resourceful, results/goal oriented, able to multi-task and able to operate under pressure.
- Must demonstrate a desire and ability to learn new and evolving technologies.
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft office including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with a CRM system, preferably ConnectWise.
- Information Technology
- Business Development
- Information Technology and Services
- Computer Networking Services
- Computer Networking
Skills for Job:
- Solutions Architecture
- Information Technology
- Security Consulting
- Managed Services
- Presentation Skills
- Analytic Skills
- Cloud Computing
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relationship Management