About Our Client
Our client, a Canadian subsidiary of a large global and publicly traded company, is seeking a talented IT Security Specialist. This highly desired post is looking for professionals who demonstrate, strong leadership, results oriented mentality and a highly collaborative nature.
• Execute on VCNA Cyber Security Strategy and roadmap.
• Execute the recommendation identified in the Cyber Security Assessment performed to bridge
identified security gaps.
• Manage security projects.
• Keep VCNA´s information and its infrastructure protected against external and internal threats,
and accidental or intentional exposure, ensuring the availability of VCNA´s operating data
• Assure that information created, acquired, or maintained by VCNA and its authorized users, is
used in accordance with its intended purpose.
• Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, SIEM and intrusion detection systems.
• Act as an internal information security consultant, advising the organization with current
information about information security technologies and related regulatory issues.
• Monitor the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained.
• Act as an internal auditor for security issues, monitoring compliance with information security
policies and procedures, referring problems to the appropriate department manager.
• Report to management on the progress of implementation of security measures, evaluation of
the effectiveness of existing measures, results of risk analysis and results of control activities.
• Coordinate the development, implementation and maintenance of an effective disaster
recovery plan and procedures for business continuity.
• Define, manage and monitor the configuration and effectiveness of firewall, IDS/IPS, SIEM,
Internet access control, e-mail filters, antivirus and other security related tools, ensuring
permanent control and update of versions of programs and files.
• Define and monitor indicators (KPIs) to control information security processes.
• Prepare reports on security indicators (KPIs).
• Perform regular security monitoring and security audits to identify any possible vulnerabilities
• Protect system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
• Perform regular reviews of end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
• Act as point of contact on the Data Security Committee, IT Global Security Committee and other
Security related committees as needed.
• Work with the Information Security Committee in the development and implementation of
security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of
security, as well in the definition of information security requirements.
• 8+ years’ experience in information security, cybersecurity or related field.
• Experience in developing and administering an information security program.
• Working knowledge of and experience in the policy and regulatory environment of information
• Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow,
system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
• Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data, and other attack artifacts in
support of incident investigations.
• Project management skill, including the development of budgets, schedules and communication
plans, as well as understanding of Project Management methodologies.
• Must be reliable, balanced, committed and able to stay focused in stressful situations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work
• Strong technical knowledge including firewalls, intruder detection systems, antivirus, internet
access controls, e-mail filters and other security related tools.
• Knowledge of IT infrastructure, as well as networking, telecommunications, servers, data center
and IT services.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) desirable.