Position: CyberArk Analyst (Level 1) - JP6463
Duration: 6 months contract
Location: 100% remote
CyberArk Analyst to work with CyberArk project team.
This person would be responsible to make any add or removals for access as related to the project.
- 5+ yrs experience
- Responsible for providing systems security administration support, across multi-platform information technologies, in accordance with Company policies and practices. This includes updating access records, monitoring security logs and acting on reported violations, assisting data and resource owners in performance of their responsibilities and supporting the implementation of new or upgraded security software.
- Perform day to day security administration processes, including adding, changing and terminating systems accesses.
- Ensure that processed requests are properly completed and approved in compliance with Company policies and owner defined criteria.
- Monitor security logs and attempted access violations and ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
- Work with data/systems owners to improve access request practices and identify opportunities for automating processes
- Advise data/systems owners on their responsibilities, in accordance with security policies and practices and assist them in developing and implementing access processes to support these.
- Prepare scheduled and ad hoc reports for owners and assist them in understanding the reported information, access implications and implement changes required to address these.
- Provide technical expertise in resolving user access problems working closely with other technology and business areas to address non-security specific aspects of problems.
- Provide implementation and testing support for new or revised security systems and software.
- Assist with the training and development of new security administration staff.
- Identify processes for the automation and integration of security administration processes within and across the multiple technical platforms.
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams
- Ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Strong customer service and team orientation aptitude.
- Knowledge of security administration software\tools in use on supported technology platforms
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks within a heavy workload environment while meeting service quality and turnaround objectives.
- Strong PC and LAN/WAN/AD technologies literacy.
- Good knowledge of technologies in use covering various platforms
- Current knowledge of computer security principals in general and the Company’s policies and practices specifically.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, at both technical and business levels.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good influencing and negotiating skills dealing with staff throughout the Company.
- This role may require occasional travel between local offices.
- Expanded scope includes impact across multi-platform information technologies