Title: Customer Support Admin - Data
City: Grand Rapids
Job Code: EB-9871122871
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivate Customer Support Admin - Data to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Grand Rapids, MI.
This is a 6-month contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Ensuring complete Customer Satisfaction and successful, timely execution of all contractual/purchase order requirements is the primary responsibility (both Commercial and Military).
- Acts as primary Customer point of contact for Data Services. Handles inquiries, proposals, customer negotiation, problem resolution, order entry, quoting, schedule changes, credit issues and Aircraft On Ground (AOG) support.
- Quotes price and availability of Data Services.
- Guides Technician and Product Support Engineers to ensure workflow of Data Services properly scheduled.
- Reviews all customer purchase orders for specific conditions, enter orders, acknowledges purchase orders with negotiated terms and conditions, and advise status of open orders to the customer. Responsible for ensuring that all mutually agreed purchase order requirements, including delivery schedules, are accomplished.
- Ensures export control requirements are being met as they relate to the position.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements innovative process improvements. Ensures KPIs are updated upon completion of process improvement projects. Participates in business to business capabilities through Web-site enhancements, E-commerce, and MRP upgrade.
- Manages customer relationships beyond current business activities by developing partnerships with Customers. Responsible for all interfaces between L-3 and the Customer regarding Data Services. Represents the Customer when dealing with internal functions.
- Demonstrates empowerment, ownership, and accountability throughout all aspects of the Data Services.
- Maintains current customer files and archive files and correspondence greater than one year old. Maintains 5-S work area.
- Work with or coordinate cross-functional teams in customer issue resolution.
- Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Responsible for working a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment; including, but not limited to safety glasses, etc.
- Associate’s degree in business, aviation, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years of working in a Sales Administration/Operations/Customer support position.
- Experience working in a manufacturing operation.
- Knowledge of the aviation industry is a plus, preferably a basic understanding of avionics products and pricing for commercial and military aviation markets.
- Strong PC skills including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel and MRP.
- Strong ability to handle multiple priorities including managing face to face communications while also using phone, fax and email communication.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills using appropriate judgment.
- Knowledge of and desire to learn and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must accept ownership and accountability for team efforts.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.