The Customer Advocate connects customer requirements with internal talent and materials to complete Service, Systems Care, and projects to ensure customer schedule and communication expectations are met. Based on plans from the Operations and Project Management they will execute scheduling of all of our people, communicating schedules and schedule changes, and ensuring the systems supported process is followed to optimize efficiency and cross functional hand-offs. This individual excels at multi-tasking and prides themselves on their detail orientation.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduling (50%):
- Establishes specific project deliverables in Connect Wise including estimated start/end dates, invoice/billing schedules, reconciliations, and other items as needed.
- Ensures a complete Service, Project or Systems Care job folder with project notes and timeframes is delivered to the assigned Operations Team from the Sales/ Engineering team.
- Project Manager and Operations Manager establishes internal talent requirements and timing for Project, Systems Care or Service. Customer Advocate places talent against each requirement and ensures that each individual has a full schedule on a minimum of 2 week rolling schedule.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for project field-staff as well as lift rentals, test equipment, and badging.
- Shares schedules with the Procurement team and initializes system process for procuring project job-stock, allowing procurement to monitor and communicate delivery status of parts and equipment.
- Assists operations in coordinating subcontractor support as needed.
- Processes and fulfills equipment-only orders.
- Communication (40%):
- Responsible for keeping our team apprised of upcoming work and changes in work within, communicating project updates within a 60- day rolling scheduling window. Consistent, friendly and helpful support of the operations team is key to project success.
- Responsible for communicating with our customers in a timely and effective manner to keep them apprised of various work status updates to include: welcome to CEC; receipt of order/ service ticket; start date & team member info; internal kick-off meetings, customer kick-off meetings, and post-project reviews.
- Project Close-Out (10%):
- Coordinates preparation of project deliverables including as-builts, certificates of demonstration, and training materials.
- Obtain customer sign off.
- Provides feedback on how to improve customer experience.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
No supervisory duties assigned.
- Two year college degree from an accredited college or university, OR Two years of pertinent experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Four years of applicable experience
- Customer service experience
- Project coordination experience
- Enjoys managing tasks through a process and can manage various processes simultaneously.
- Learns systems quickly and can translate work into systems flows.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations as well as customers.
- Strong organizational, conflict-resolution, problem-solving and creative skills as well as the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment using accurate and timely analysis of available data.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of project management processes, procedures, and tools.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.