Summary of the Position:
The Customer Service Associate is responsible for fulfilling the daily operations within the Customer Service Department.
Under the direction of the Administrative Manager, the Customer Service Associate will proactively complete the customer service tasks following the Administration’s plan, support the store strategy division to achieve our business goals in revenue profitability, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Understand the Customer Service Department's goals. Work with the Store Division manager to create Customer Service standards and fulfill the tasks with excellent customer service in a timely manner.
- Listen to customers' concerns, handle complaints, and respond professionally and politely.
- Provide the service material or product detail information and satisfy customers' questions accordingly.
- Collect product/service information from the sales department and product department.
- Timely review of customer accounts and transactions, ensuring customer's rights have been well protected, and the corporate and store strategy has been adequately considered.
- Directly communicate with customers regarding their questions and feedback in the most effective way, such as through at-store in-person talk, email, chat tool, over the phone, email, or social media.
- Understand, implement, adhere to, and promote company's Customer Service policies and procedures, such as Return and Refund policies, Seasonal Giveaway promotion programs, etc.
- Prepare and submit periodic or ad hoc reports such as customer satisfaction reports, case reports, Customer Service Project Tracking reports, etc.
- Maintain effective communication with store management, associates, vendors, and outside contacts.
- Comply and maintain confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Report all irregular issues and problems to Executive Management for solutions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager regarding the Customer Service area.
- Ensure new hires take introductory sales and or customer service training courses, including communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Liaise with managers and encourage on-the-job coaching (e.g., how to handle complex client cases)
- Coordinate mentorship programs for new customer service representatives/store customer service staff.
- Maintain updated records of training curricula and material.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in a polite manner are necessary.
- Excellent at communicating and interacting with people (employees and customers).
- Vital customer service and a can-do work attitude are the foundation qualities of this position.
- Strong prioritizing, organizing, multitasking handling, and problem-solving abilities are needed.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Fast learner and creative content provider.
- Highly detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Occasional store visits for Customer Service training at the store location.
Certificates & Licenses:
- California State Driver’s License
- Speaking, Reading, and Writing in English fluency is a must.
- Japanese bilingual skills will be a plus