Title: Customer Service Specialist 2
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1520389017
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Customer Services Specialist to work on-site with our client, a world-class university in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Answer the department’s general telephone line and provide information to customers regarding parking and alternative transportation options. Take messages from voicemail and return calls on routine issues and requests.
- Sell parking permits, carpool permits, issue transit passes, and other products offered by Parking & Transportation. Process applications for permit sales.
- Reconcile cash drawer and daily sales log, balancing cash, credit cards, etc., for the daily sales of all transportation products. Resolve discrepancies, working with the analyst and the supervisor.
- Process bike registrations for students and the university community entering data in POS system
- Enter information for ridesharing, GRH & Emergency Ride alternative programs.
- Answer a high volume of phone calls from customers in a professional manner.
- Respond to emails and chat inquiries.
- Provide transportation information to campus departments, vendors, contractors, visitors and affiliates, including Marguerite and public transit information and schedules.
- Attend meetings that may include offering ideas and suggestions to improve programs and customer service.
- Perform other general duties relevant to the job and department needs as determined by supervisor.
- Requires at least 2-3 years customer service experience. Combination of education and experience that demonstrates the skills necessary to provide friendly customer service and work in a professional manner at all times.
- Commitment to excellent customer service practices.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must learn policies and procedures and use information to make decisions on a routine basis.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to function effectively and multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to perform detailed and repetitive work accurately and expeditiously.
- Capacity to make decisions on routine issues and prioritize workload.
Flexibility to adjust work schedule as needed and willingness to work overtime during peak periods.
Excellent interpersonal skills required for effective interaction with a wide array of customers.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls, please.
As a W2 employee, you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.