Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Representative. The Customer Service Representative is the customer’s voice in the company, and it is their responsibility to take care of their customer’s requirements. This may require where the customer visits or the incumbent visits the customer if they are local. This is a career development opportunity for a highly motivated customer-focused professional with a solid work ethic, exceptional character, and a dynamic personality. They will serve as the customer advocate and ensure effective program management processes, schedule, cost, process, risk, change management, and commitments to customers are met. The Customer Service Representative will work with quoting, estimating, sales, production, operations, order release, shop floor supervisors, and all other functional areas as required, to coordinate, schedule, and prioritize work through work centers in support of the plant level loaded schedule and customer demand in the most efficient manner possible.
- Effective communication with both internal and external customers
- Assist the customer to understand our processes, associated lead times, terms for customer deliveries and pick-ups
- Ensure that customer orders are delivered on-time and within scope
- Prompt responses are required within 1 hour of customer inquiries, immediate follow-up required otherwise
- Must take care of customers through direct action or indirectly by assisting others
- Assists Sales Manager to ensure that all proposals/RFIs/Early Bid Warnings/Risk registers are submitted in a timely, professional manner
- Assist with cost estimates / quote generation/ Sales reporting
- Coordinate processing procedures to achieve required production levels in the most cost-effective manner
- Review operations with technical and engineering staff to resolve production bottlenecks or processing problems
- Monitor, record, and report the status of production to management and customer on a daily basis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with Aerospace and Defense business is plus
- Preferred: More than 1 year of working experience Customer Service, preferably within the aerospace industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word, required to accomplish day-to-day work activities
- Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions.
- Spanish would be a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports COVID-19 public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)